Lanaya the Templar Assassin is a very short-ranged Agility hero capable of dealing huge bursts of Physical damage to swathes of enemies with expert positioning and timing. Unlike most physical damage dealers, Lanaya reaches her damage potential quite early and then scales up from that point with carry itens, letting her gank with impunity throughout the mid-game, and her short attack range increases from being comparable to that of a melee hero to a ranged hero with short reach as she levels Psi Blades.
Her Psionic Traps provide map control and the ability to chase down fleeing heroes from up to 2000 range, and Refraction and Meld lets you shrug off high-damage nukes and disjoint projectiles. With a Blink Dagger, Lanaya can quickly materialize in the enemy team's weakest flank and shred several heroes at once with her Meld and Psi Blades.
- Refraction interrupts Templar Assassin's channeling spells upon cast.
- Places 2 buffs on Templar Assassin, named "Damage" and "Absorb". One buff grants instances of damage block and the other instances of bonus attack damage.
- The numbers of left instances are visible on the buff icons. The buffs and the visual effects of the ability are visible to everyone.
- The bonus damage is added as regular attack damage bonus, which is visible in the HUD.
- Loses a bonus damage instance when the attack projectile successfully lands on the target. Missed or disjointed attacks do not count.
- Does not lose instances upon attacking allies, but the damage is still applied.
- When casting Refraction while an attack projectile is traveling, the projectile does not get the bonus damage, but still uses up one instance upon landing.
- The damage absorb fully negates damage, causing several on-damage effects to not trigger.
- Has a higher priority than and , but lower than . However, it still loses a charge when combined with the latter.
- Damage below 5 (after reductions) is completely ignored. It is neither blocked, nor wastes any block instances.
- Refraction negates all 3 damage types. It does not negate damage flagged as HP Removal.
- When the talent is chosen, applies a basic dispel on Templar Assassin upon cast.
- Meld interrupts Templar Assassin's channeling spells upon cast.
- Turns Templar Assassin instantly invisible and orders her to stop.
- Invisibility is lost upon reaching the cast point of spells or items, upon landing an attack, or upon moving.
- Forced movement also counts, and cancels Meld if moved horizontally. Vertical movement, and Teleporting effects do not cancel it.
- After an attack projectile has been launched, Templar Assassin can perform any action without losing the invisibility.
- However, when the projectile misses (evasion, blind or disjoint), the invisibility is lost at the moment it misses.
- Turns Templar Assassin phased, so that other units may pass through her.
- Templar Assassin can pick up, drop or attack items without breaking the invisibility, considering she does not move while doing so.
- She also can turn without breaking the invisibility.
- The next attack of Templar Assassin which connects with a unit applies the damage and armor reduction.
- This does not necessarily have to be the first attack out of Meld. If somehow a following attack hits another target first (e.g. it teleports away), the new target is affected instead.
- The armor reduction debuff does not stack with itself.
- Neither the bonus damage nor the armor reduction from Meld affect buildings.
- The bonus damage is dealt in a separate damage instance, and counts as spell damage.
- Meld first applies Templar Assassin's actual attack damage, then the armor debuff and then the Meld damage.
- This means the leading attack's damage is not increased by the armor reduction, but the spell's own damage is.
- Psi Blades increases Templar Assassin's total attack range to 200/260/320/380.
- With no points in Psi Blades, Templar Assassin has an attack range of only 140, but still counts as a ranged hero.
- The spill range is based on the attack target's position, not on Templar Assassin's. So from max attack range, she can hit units up to 790/890/990/1090 range away.
- The affected area has a rectangular shape, with a width of 75 and with the spill range as length.
- Spill damage is based on her attack damage after all reductions.
- Attack modifiers are only applied to the primary target.
- Templar Assassin's position is checked as the projectile hits the target, not upon launching.
- Psi Blades spill damage when attacking allies or wards.
- Spill damage hits invisible units, but does not hit wards or buildings.
- When the talent is chosen, slows the movement speed of all enemies hit by the spill damage. The primary attack target is not slowed.
- Psi Blades first apply the damage, then the debuff.
- The traps only slow enemies when they get triggered, not when they are destroyed by attacks, or by exceeding the maximum allowed traps count.
- Psionic Traps do not block neutral creep camps.
- Trap is unlocked when is learned.
- Does not interrupt Templar Assassin's channeling spells upon cast.
- Cannot be cast when the caster has no traps present.
- The slow starts at 30% and increases by 0,75% in 0.1 second intervals, resulting in the following amounts on each second after placement:
- 0 Seconds: 30% slow
- 1 Second: 37,5% slow
- 2 Seconds: 45% slow
- 3 Seconds: 52,5% slow
- 4 Seconds: 60% slow
- The damage is only applied when the trap is fully charged.
- The trap visually changes once fully charges. Its outer ring starts black and turns white once fully charged.
- Deals damage in 1 second intervals, starting 1 second after the debuff is placed, resulting in 5 damage instances.
- Can deal up to 250/300/350 ( 450/500/550) damage to a single unit (before reductions).
- The source of the damage is the caster, and not the trap itself.
- The damage values are always based on the current level upon triggering the trap, and are not set upon spawning the trap.
- Multiple instances of the debuff do not stack, but get refreshed instead.
- When refreshed, the slow and damage get updated based on how long that trap was charged.
Habilidade da Armadilha Psiônica[editar]
- This is cast from the trap itself, allowing Templar Assassin to trigger traps from afar without having to trigger nearby traps first.
- Same notes as for on Templar Assasin apply.
|Talentos do herói|
|+4 de instâncias||25||refratadas causam paralisação|
|-4 de redução de armadura para||20||dissipa efeitos negativos|
|+200 de dano para||15||+7 de armadura|
|+3||10||+25 de velocidade de ataque|
|Estilo de jogo:||Somente o Hiden Temple pode satisfazer a infinita sede de sabedoria de Lanaya. Em troca de tal conhecimento, ela comprometeu-se a proteger seus mistérios com suas habilidades latentes psiônicas. Dobrando as próprias leis da natureza, Lanaya cria um campo de Refração que absorve os ataques inimigos, e ainda amplifica os próximos ataques. Ela Mescla ao fundo, esperando para liberar uma explosão de energia psiônica em um alvo insuspeitado. Luz violeta emana da ponta de seus dedos, Lâmina Psíquicas que excede qualquer arma corpo a corpo, e corta linhas de inimigos por vez. Persiste em seus objetivos, Lanaya marca o chão com círculos mágicos com design Eldritch. Os que andam sem conhecimento sobre a Armadilhas Psiônica só podem cambalear longe da explosão—com a presença revelada e a Templar Assassin não muito distante|
- In DotA, Templar Assassin makes numerous references to the game Starcraft, another famous RTS game by Blizzard. Her ability to manipulate psionic energy, the psi blades she wields, and the mention of her master being originally from Aiur in her DotA biography all apply to the Protoss, one of the three main races of the game.
- Although Templar Assassin is a ranged hero, she has a 140 base attack range. This means her attack range is the shortest of all heroes, as melee heroes have an attack range of 150.
- Templar Assassin's rare response upon snapping a trap, Reproduzir "It's a trap!" is a reference based on Star Wars' Admiral Ackbar's quote on Return on the Jedi.
- The response Reproduzir "My body is a temple for which I will kill." is a reference to the bible verse John 2:19-22.