Nortrom, the Silencer, is a ranged intelligence hero who can be played as a support, carry, or initiator. He is one of the few intelligence heroes that truly benefit from intelligence items and is effective against heroes that rely mostly on spells, as he can silence them while stealing their intelligence and adding it to his own. He is a notorious anti-caster hero who can disrupt the magical abilities of his enemies and cripple spellcasters throughout the game. Arcane Curse slows and causes enemies to lose health for a set duration, but increases with each spell the enemy casts, forcing them to either wait and cast no spell until it expires, or cast spells and prolong the debuff and thus take more damage. Last Word places a curse on Nortrom's target that damages and silences for a long duration if the target casts a spell. If the target does not cast a spell before the curse duration ends the effects are the same. Glaives of Wisdom is an active attack modifier that deals a percentage of Nortrom's intelligence as pure damage. Nortrom's ultimate, Global Silence, silences all enemy units on the map for a few seconds. A well-timed Global Silence can be used to save yourself or an ally, initiate a teamfight, or ruin the enemy's initiation.
Silencer has the unique innate ability, Intelligence Steal, which permanently steals the intelligence of enemy heroes that die near him or are directly killed by him and adds it to his own. This rewards his presence in teamfights, also making his glaives ever stronger as the battle goes on.
|Reproduzir "Quiet as the grave."|
|História:|| Parte da sétima e última geração de uma linhagem cuidadosamente projetada, Nortrom foi criado pela antiga ordem dos Aeol Drias para ser o maior usuário de magias que o mundo já viu. Ele era o profetizado, a culminação de duzentos anos de casamentos cuidadosos, um mago de guerra que traria glória à ordem e destruição aos seus inimigos jurados, os Cavaleiros da Dobra.|
Criado com outros jovens magos num aquartelamento escondido entre as colinas das terras áridas de Hazhadal, os preceptores da ordem esperaram que as habilidades de Nortrom se manifestassem. Enquanto outros alunos aperfeiçoavam os seus talentos com fogo, gelo ou feitiços encantatórios, Nortrom permanecia silencioso e sem talento, incapaz de lançar sequer um feitiço. Apesar do dia dos testes finais se aproximar, ele ainda não havia encontrado a sua magia. Desgostosos, os preceptores o repreenderam enquanto as crianças riam. "Você não é mago", o líder da ordem declarou. Ainda assim, Nortrom não se deixou abater. Ele participou dos testes e encarou os jovens magos que haviam caçoado dele. E então os seus preceptores aprenderam uma lição valiosa: a falta de magia pode ser a maior magia de todas. Nortrom silenciou os jovens magos um por um e os derrotou em combate individual, até que apenas ele restou como campeão dos Aeol Drias, cumprindo assim a profecia.
|Voz:||Michael Gregory (Respostas)|
- This is an innate ability and does not need to be skilled. It is not bound to any ability, but to Silencer himself.
- Stolen intelligence is directly removed from the enemy's base intelligence and added to Silencer's base intelligence.
- Can only steal from base intelligence + intelligence gained from levels. Bonus intelligence cannot be stolen.
- It does not matter how an enemy hero within the radius dies, Silencer always steals its intelligence.
- Silencer always steals intelligence when he deals the killing blow on an enemy hero, regardless of distance.
- However, Silencer needs to be alive as the kill happens to steal the intelligence.
- Cannot steal intelligence from illusions or hero clones.
- When Silencer kills a Meepo clone however, he does steal intelligence, since killing a Meepo clone also kills the main Meepo.
- Cannot reduce enemy base intelligence below 1. Silencer also does not gain intelligence from heroes that are at 1 intelligence.
- The status buff, however, increases by 2 on every kill or nearby death.
- Whenever an affected unit casts a spell, the duration is increased by 4. This effect has no stack limit.
- If an affected unit gets silenced, the duration and the damage are paused until the silence expires.
- However, the slow is not paused while silenced and still slows affected enemies.
- Successive casts of Arcane Curse fully stack, always placing an independent debuff.
- This includes the curse applied by an Cetro de Aghanim upgraded [[|16px|link=Silencer/Habilidades_antigas#Global Silence]] [[Silencer/Habilidades_antigas#Global Silence|]].
- Damages in 1 second intervals, starting 1 second after the debuff is applied, resulting in 6 (+4 per penalty) instances.
- Can deal up to 84/132/180/228 (+56/88/120/152 per penalty) damage to a single unit (before reductions).
- The sound effect played on every damage instance is only audible to the affected unit's player.
- Glaives da Sabedoria pode ser anulada.
- Glaives of Wisdom deal their damage in a separate damage instance. So they are unaffected by any attack modifying effect.
- Glaives of Wisdom deal their damage before the attack damage is applied, but still depend on the attack hitting the target.
- Checks Silencer's intelligence as the projectile hits. Gaining/losing intelligence while the projectile is travelling does affect its damage.
- When the target casts a spell during the initial debuff, it gets damaged, then the cast spell goes off, and then the silence is applied.
- This means when the damage from Last Word is enough to kill the target, the cast spell does not go off.
- It also means that damage negating spells like [[|16px|link=Templar Assassin/Habilidades_antigas#Refraction]] [[Templar Assassin/Habilidades_antigas#Refraction|]], or spell immunity providing spells do not block its damage.
- Does not trigger on toggle abilities, active attack modifiers and the abilities listed here.
- Triggers on channeling spells, but waits for the channeling to stop first.
- Last Word does trigger on [[|16px|link=Puck/Habilidades_antigas#Phase Shift]] [[Puck/Habilidades_antigas#Phase Shift|]]. However, it only applies its effects when Phase Shift is canceled manually.
- When [[|16px|link=Keeper of the Light/Habilidades_antigas#Recall]] [[Keeper of the Light/Habilidades_antigas#Recall|]] is cast while having the debuff on, it freezes and does not trigger until another spell is cast.
- When the initial debuff expires, it still damages and silences the target.
- Grants shared vision as long as the 4 second initial debuff is on.
- The debuff, although no longer serving a purpose, is still applied and visible in the HUD.
- The silence affects spell immune, invisible and invulnerable creeps, summons and heroes. Does not affect hidden units.
- The curse placed by the ultimate works similar to Silencer's [[|16px|link=Silencer/Habilidades_antigas#Arcane Curse]] [[Silencer/Habilidades_antigas#Arcane Curse|]]
- If Arcane Curse is not learned, Global Silence does not apply it by any means.
- The curse debuff has a 7 seconds duration still, regardless of how long Global Silence itself lasts.
- Due to Arcane Curse being paused while affected units are silenced, its duration starts ticking once the silence expires.
- Unlike a manually cast Arcane Curse, the one applied by Global Silence affects spell immune and invulnerable units
- However, the curse is only applied on heroes (including illusions) and not on any non-hero unit.
- The sound effect of Global Silence which plays on each enemies hero has the highest sound priority in the game.
- This means it heavily tones down other game sounds for enemies, making it basically the only sound they can hear during the silence.
|Talentos do herói|
|+25% de retardo para Maldição Arcana||25||+200 de alcance de ataque|
|+12% de resistência mágica||20||+30 de velocidade de ataque|
|+60 de ouro por minuto||15||+200 de vida|
|+7 de Inteligência||10||+4 de armadura|
- A armadura é adicionada como um bônus de armadura, então não beneficia ilusões.
- O ouro concedido pelo talento não é seguro.
- O aprimoramento de vida aumenta a capacidade máxima e mantém a porcentagem atual.
- A resistência mágica acumula-se multiplicativamente com outras fontes de resistência mágica.
- O talento de alcance de ataque ambém afeta o alcance de uso da Glaives da Sabedoria.
- Unlike most heroes, Silencer's attack projectiles actually use the model of his equipped cosmetic weapon.
- Like Death Prophet, Omniknight and Io, Silencer received a color palette change, changing his model and icons, having his former red armor replaced with violet.
- Before his palette change, newer players would occasionally mistake Silencer for Dragon Knight, and he would sometimes be referred to as "The other Dragon Knight". Even after the palette swap, some older players may refer to him as "Purple Dragon Knight".
- Silencer's spell sound effects are based on some of his voice lines. Arcane Curse debuff sounds is based on "Reproduzir Curse you!", Last Word is based on one of his laughing lines and Global Silence is based on Reproduzir this.
- Chen is a member of the Knights of the Fold which would make him an enemy to Silencer based on Silencer's background. Despite this, there is no dialogue between the two heroes.