Magnus the Magnoceros is a monstrous melee strength hero who is usually played as a ganker, initiator, or semi-carry. His ability to battle multiple heroes at once gives him an excellent presence in team fights. In addition to his teamfight presence, he can buff allies or himself with bonus damage and cleave, capitalizing on his ability to group up multiple enemies. As a hero who possesses multiple area-of-effect abilities with a manageable mana cost, and a very powerful ultimate that serves as a great team fight initiation ability, Magnus is truly a force to be reckoned with.
- The Shockwave travels at a speed of 1050 ( 1700), taking 1.095 ( 1.015) seconds to reach the maximum distance.
- Plays an initial sound and particles upon start casting.
- When upgraded, the shockwave travels back to where the caster was upon cast, and not to where the caster currently is, or is upon reaching max distance.
- The returning shockwave acts like a separate cast, cast by an invisible dummy. Therefore, enemies at the very tip may be hit only once.
- This is because Shockwave does not hit units behind the caster, so units hit by it 150 range beyond its max travel distance do not get hit upon returning.
- On the other side, units 150 range beyond the original cast point do get hit.
- On its way back, the shockwave can hit previously already hit enemies a second time. The slow is only applied upon returning.
- Treats creep-heroes as creeps, dealing 37,5/75/112,5/150 ( 75/112,5/150/187,5) damage to them upon returning.
- Only increases base damage and that given by the primary attribute of affected units. Raw bonus damage is not increased.
- The unit's current main damage is periodically checked, and the bonuses adapted instantly.
- Grants melee targets cleave and attack damage, and ranged targets only attack damage.
- Cleave damage is reduced by armor type but not by armor value.
- Cleave damage is reduced by Damage Block.
- Cleave damage depends on the attack damage value of the cleaving unit, not on how much their primary attack target took.
- The complete cleave area is shaped like an isosceles trapezoid in front of the attacking unit.
- Fully stacks with other sources of cleave. Each source of cleave works completely independent.
- Does not cleave upon attacking wards, buildings or allied units. Wards and buildings are unaffected by cleave.
- Despite the visual effect, cleave damage is applied instantly in the whole area.
- Magnus charges at a speed of 950.
- Moves Magnus in 31.67 range instances. When targeting any distance which is not a multiplier of that number, it gets rounded down.
- During the Skewer, Magnus is fully disabled.
- Enemy heroes within 125 radius around Magnus get moved in front of him and dragged along.
- Dragged heroes are fully disabled during the drag.
- Dragged heroes land 200 range away in front of Magnus at the end of the charge.
- Can charge through and drag enemies over impassable terrain.
- Destroys trees within 200 radius during the charge, and 400 radius at the destination point.
|Talentos do herói|
|+1s de duração para Inversão de Polaridade||25||+20% de dano/transposição para Fortalecer|
| +500 de alcance para
|20||+12 de armadura|
|+75 de dano para Onda de Choque||15||+15 de Força|
|+200 de vida||10||+25 de velocidade de ataque|
- O talento de aprimoramento de vida aumenta a capacidade máxima e mantém a porcentagem atual.
- O talento de força fornece 300 de vida, 10,71% de amplificação de regeneração de vida, 2,25% de resistência estática e 15 de dano de ataque para Magnus.
|Funções:||Iniciador Desativador Bombardeador Escapista|
|Estilo de jogo:||A magnoceros does not believe in chance, and the eruption of Mount Joerlak was no accident. For this reason Magnus set out, never to return to his kin until those responsible had been impaled upon his horn. He charges into battle, Skewering and dragging enemies through any terrain. With a deep bellow, the magnoceros Empowers his companions to strike beyond their normal scope, and devastates entire enemy columns with subterranean Shockwaves. In the midst of the fray, Magnus unleashes his most remarkable ability, Reverse Polarity. Nearby foes are pulled instantly to a spot before him, dazed and immobilized, ready to be dispatched by his allies.|
- In the transition to Dota 2, Magnus's race was changed from Magnataur to Magnoceros, most likely to avoid copyright issues with Blizzard, since the Magnataur are an existing race in the Warcraft universe.
- "Magnus" means "great" in Latin.
- Magnus' lore was written by Greg Kasavin of Supergiant Games. In Greg's original draft, the Magnoceri were a dying race due to the males having the tendency of killing the females after mating, leading Magnus to go on a search for a new mate that could please him. Magnus still has many rivalry lines directed towards female heroes referencing that original draft.
- Magnus is named after Gustav Magnus, a German physicist who discovered the Magnus effect, an effect in which a spinning ball/cylinder curves away from its principle flight path.
- Reverse Polarity acts similarly in this regard, moving everyone around himself to a position in front of him.
- Dota Today Podcast Ep. 6