Io the Wisp is a ranged strength hero who works best as part of a communicative team. With its support-oriented skill set, Io is able to share its strength through Tether and Overcharge, harass enemy heroes out of the lane with Spirits, and materialize itself and an ally anywhere on the map with Relocate. Gank enemy heroes, push undefended lanes, save teammates from deep within enemy territory—the possibilities are endless, and Io features one of the highest skill ceilings in the game.
Io, unlike other heroes, does not need to be facing towards a unit in order to attack, use abilities, or items. It still has a front, marked by an arc-like effect, and a back.
|História:||Io está em todo lugar e em todas as coisas. Acusado pelos seus inimigos de ser o grande desconstrutor, louvado por estudiosos como o piscar de olhos divinos, esse estranho e pequeno pedaço de vida ocupa todos os planos simultaneamente, a mais simples fração do seu ser atravessando a existência física a qualquer momento. Como os cavaleiros gêmeos Sombra e Luz, e ainda outro antigo viajante cuja verdadeira história está perdida no tempo, Io, o Wisp, é um Fundamental do universo, uma força mais antiga que o tempo, um viajante de domínios muito além da compreensão mortal. Io não é nada menos do que a soma de todas as forças atrativas e repulsivas dentro do campo material, uma manifestação racional das energias que mantêm a existência ligada. Apenas com a distorção controlada dessas forças a presença de Io pode ser sentida no plano físico. Sendo uma força caridosa e cooperativa, Io liga o seu estranho magnetismo a outros para que o poder dos seus aliados aumente. Os seus motivos, inescrutáveis; a sua força, inimaginável, Io se move através do plano físico, a expressão perfeita dos mistérios do universo.|
- Has a Quebrar Conexão sub-ability that lets Io break the tether while connected with an ally.
- Tethering a unit that is 700 units or further away causes Io to latch on and pull itself to the target.
- Pulls Io at a speed of 1000, until coming within 300 range of the target.
- Can pull Io over impassable terrain and eventually get stuck.
- Destroys trees within 350 radius around Io right after the pull.
- If Io breaks the tether while getting pulled to the tethered target, the pull immediately stops.
- The pull gets interrupted when Io is hit by another spell which applies Forced Movement, but not when Io is disabled.
- If the pull gets interrupted more than 900 range away from the tethered ally, the link breaks.
- When the distance between Io and the tethered target gets greater than 700, the link's visual appearance changes.
- At 700 distance the Tether turns from teal to blue and at 800 it starts flickering.
- The tethered unit benefits from Sobrecarga, Realocar, and from Io regenerating or replenishing health and mana.
- Tethered units still benefit from all those effects even when turning invulnerable or when hidden.
- The health and mana regeneration is only applied to the tethered unit if Io's respective pool is not full.
- Healing effects like Mekansm are applied to the tethered unit depending on how much health was replenished on Io.
- Mana restoring effects like Botas Arcanas are applied fully to the tethered unit if 1 or more mana was replenished on Io.
- If Io is tethered to an invisible unit, his enemies can only see a fake link leading to the invisible unit's last known location.
- When the level 15 talent is chosen, the tethered ally's spells receive their Cetro de Aghanim upgrades until the Tether breaks.
- Io does not require an Aghanim's Scepter for the talent to work.
- Does not work for heroes who cannot drop their scepters.
- When the level 20 talent is chosen, Io performs instant attacks on every enemy the tethered ally attacks.
- The attacks are performed as soon as the ally launches their attack (including instant attacks). It does not matter whether the attack actually hits or not.
- Does not perform attacks when the tethered ally also has Io tethered with (e.g. an allied Morphling morphed into Io), so that no infinite loop happens.
- The instant attacks of Io can proc every attack modifier normally. The attacks have no True Strike, but completely ignore disarms.
- Interrupts Io's channeling spells upon cast.
- Upon use, Io gains 2 sub-abilities to control how far away the spirits orbit.
- 5 spirits are summoned over the course of four seconds so that the distance between each spirit is equal.
- The first spirit is always spawned to the north of Io, with the following spirits spawning in one second interval behind the previous spirit.
- The spirits always rotate clockwise and are locked to Io's location, following it wherever it goes.
- Moving the spirits in our outwards does not break their formatting. They always rotate in a circle and keep equal distance from each other.
- The spirits complete a revolution every ~2.3 seconds regardless of distance from Io.
- Their angular velocity is constant, meaning their speed increases the further away they are from the caster.
- This means the first created spirit can rotate at least 8 times around Io.
- When a non-hero unit comes within the 70 collision radius of the spirits, it takes the collision damage.
- When a hero comes within collision radius, the spirit explodes and deals the explosion damage within 300 radius to every enemy.
- Remaining spirits detonate simultaneously at the end of the duration or if recast, dealing the explosion damage to nearby enemy units.
- Spirits provide 150 radius flying vision for 3 seconds at the location where they collided with a hero.
- They do not provide vision when exploding caused by expiring or recasting.
- The spirits are visible to the enemy even if Io is invisible.
- Can deal up to 125/250/375/500 ( 575/700/825/950) damage to a single unit when all 5 spirits explode on a target (before reductions).
- Treats creep-heroes as heroes.
- Overcharge does not interrupt Io's channeling spells upon cast.
- A tethered ally is affected by the damage reduction and attack speed, but only Io pays the drain in hp and mana.
- Drains 1.2% of current health and mana in 0.2 second intervals.
- Io and the tethered ally's effective health are increased by 5%/11%/18%/25%.
- This quickly diminishes for Io because of the health loss.
- Double-clicking the ability automatically targets the team's fountain area.
- If Io is interrupted during the casting delay, Relocate gets cancelled.
- Enemies get a notification on their minimap during the teleport delay, showing them where Relocate was targeted.
- Creates a visual effect at the targeted point during the teleport delay, which is visible to everyone.
- Creates a visual effect at Io's position before the teleport happens, which also is visible to everyone.
- Provides 300 radius flying vision at the targeted point during the effect delay. Does not provide vision otherwise.
- Relocate interrupts channeling spells and every current order of Io and the tethered ally both on initial teleport, and when going back.
- If Io is tethered to a unit, Conexão's duration is refreshed before and after the teleport delay.
- Io may sever its tether at any time to prevent bringing an ally back.
- Destroys trees within 300 radius around Io upon both teleports.
- The Disablehelp option prevents Io from relocating the respective ally.
|Talentos do herói|
|+50 de regeneração de vida||25||Atordoamento para Conexão|
|Attack o alvo do aliado Conectado||20||+150 de ouro por minuto|
|Conexão fornece o efeito do Cetro de Aghanim||15||+90 de dano para em heróis para Espíritos|
|+60 de dano||10||+400 de alcance máximo para Espíritos|
- A regeneração de vida é adicionadas como bônus e não beneficiam ilusões.
- O ouro concedido pelo talento não é seguro.
- O slow de Conexão é trocado pelo atordoamento. A duração do atordoamento é igual a duração do retardo.
- The damage upgrade to Espíritos only affects the explosion damage, and not the passing damage.
- O ouro concedido pelo talento não é seguro.
- Io is the name of a priestess of Hera in Greek Mythology. She was seduced by Zeus and subsequently incurred Hera's wrath.
- Io is also the name of one of four Galilean moons of Jupiter, which was named after the same character in Greek Mythology.
- Io's fun names in DotA were Weird Ball and Santelmo. Santelmo may refer to St. Elmo's Fire, a weather phenomenon that creates sparks of bright energy similar to that of lightning, mostly occurring from sharply pointed structures.
- Enigma, Io, Keeper of the Light, and Chaos Knight together represent the four fundamental forces of the universe with Io representing the electromagnetic force, as alluded to in his lore as the force that binds all matter together, as well as his abilities which mostly rely on being bound to a partner to achieve maximum effect.
Alternate color theme, briefly used until the March 28, 2013 Patch