Chen the Holy Knight is a ranged intelligence hero, renowned as a support that is difficult to learn due to heavy reliance on micromanagement, but once mastered can become a powerful ganker and one of the strongest early pushers in the game. His ability Holy Persuasion allows him to convert enemy and neutral creeps to his side, controlling them and using their abilities to his advantage. This makes him a strong Jungler, and allows him to use those creeps' abilities during ganks to disable unwary enemies. To further aid his ability to gank, Chen has access to Penitence, which allows him to slow his foes while increasing the amount of damage they take, and Test of Faith, an unpredictable but strong Pure damage nuke. Test of Faith is also a strong utility spell that allows Chen to save his teammates from death by sending them back to his team's fountain, or to summon his flock to himself. Finally, his ultimate, Hand of God, is able to instantly heal all allies and units under Chen's control, globally all over the battlefield, allowing him to push and support no matter where he is.
- Leveling Test of Faith (Teleport) automatically levels as well.
- Allied non-hero units and lane creeps can be teleported as well, but like allied heroes, they are not teleported instantly.
- When targeting own non-hero units, they are teleported instantly, meaning own illusions are teleported after the delay.
- When targeting self, all units under Chen's control (excluding illusions, couriers and wards) are teleported towards Chen after the delay, not only creeps from .
- The teleported units' destination is a small radius around Chen, so that Chen does not get stuck between them.
- Não pode ser usado em criaturas especiais.
- Upon persuading, applies a basic dispel on the target which removes buffs and debuffs.
- When persuading a new creep while already having the maximum amount, the oldest persuaded creep (including ancient creeps) dies.
- When persuading an ancient creep while already having the maximum amount of them, the oldest persuaded ancient creep dies.
- The death is not credited to anyone so that no one gets experience from it.
- When the unit's maximum health is below the minimum health threshold, its maximum and current health are increased by the difference.
- This current health increase does not count as a heal. The unit has its health set to a value.
- The health of creeps that are currently persuaded does not increase further upon leveling up Holy Persuasion or upon choosing the minimum health upgrading talent.
- Fully restores the creep's mana.
- Cetro de Aghanim upgraded Holy Persuasion allows 1 ancient creep to be persuaded per level of .
- Ancient creeps are included in the maximum allowed units, so it does not allow Chen to have more creeps persuaded.
- Can be cast on ancient creeps without having Hand of God leveled for no result, wasting the mana and cooldown.
- The talent does not increase the amount of ancient creeps Chen can persuade.
- Upon teleporting, disjoints projectiles for the unit.
- Can teleport every player-controlled allied unit that is not a building or a ward.This means AI-controlled lane creeps cannot be teleported.
- Cannot target invulnerable or hidden units, but can teleport them if they turned invulnerable or hidden after cast.
- The teleport delay is used for every target, including Chen's own creeps.
- Despite the description, targeting Chen teleports all non-hero units under his control to him, and not only units taken over with Holy Perusasion.
- This includes any summons he has, or any other dominated creeps. However, it excludes illusions.
- Unlike directly targeting a unit to teleport, self-casting does target units which are invulnerable or hidden as well.
- The teleport locations are based on Chen's position upon teleporting, with the creeps appearing 120 range to his north, east, south, or west.
- These are the only four spots used to teleport. When having more than 4 units, they get moved to the next pathable area closest to the spots.
- The spots are not chosen randomly, they follow a fixed pattern. The very first creep teleported to Chen always teleports to his north, and following creeps continue counterclockwise.
|Talentos do herói|
|+400 de cura para||25||+4 unidades máximas para|
|+1000 de vida mínima para||20||+180 de ouro por minuto|
|-10s de intervalo entre usos para||15||+7 de armadura|
|+200 de alcance de uso||10||+35% de experiência obtida|
|Funções:||Suporte Caçador Emburrador|
|Estilo de jogo:||Converted at swordpoint after a disastrous battle, Chen quickly became one of the Fold's most zealous knights. Raised among the clans of the Hazhadal Barrens, Chen adapts his skills of animal enthrallment to perform Holy Persuasions, compelling packs of beasts to fight for his cause. Foes are subjected to arduous Tests of Faith, and if found wanting, forced to atone through the magnified pains of Penitence. Chen's devotion does not go unrewarded. The Hand of God aids his companions in their quests, intervening at critical moments to heal their injuries and save them from fatal blows.|
- Chen's fun names in DotA were Chechen and Jackie Chen, a pun on the name of the famed actor Jackie Chan.
- Chen's death quote Reproduzir "My Leg" refers to a Spongebob Squarepants running gag.