Rigwarl the Bristleback is a melee strength hero famous for his array of synergistic spells with low mana cost and cooldown. He is able to slow his enemies down and reduce their armor with Viscous Nasal Goo, then hit them with a barrage of Quill Sprays, making him an effective chaser when ganking enemies. His low strength gain makes him less tanky than most strength heroes, but he becomes substantially more durable when he turns around due to his passive Bristleback, which reduces damage taken from behind. In the right hands, Bristleback is a powerful ganker in the early stages of the game, and a powerful hard carry in the later stages depending on how much farm he gets.
- The goo travels at a speed of 1000.
- Places one debuff on the enemy. This debuff gets stronger when it gets refreshed with successive casts.
- A number on the icon shows how many times the debuff was refreshed, including the first cast.
- This is how much armor and movement speed Viscous Nasal Goo reduces with certain amount of stacks on each level:
- Level 1: 1/2/3/4 ( /5/6/7/8/9/10) armor and 23%/26%/29%/32% ( /35%/38%/41%/44%/47%/50%) movement
- Level 2: 1.4/2.8/4.2/5.6 ( /7/8.4/9.8/11.2/12.6/14) armor & 26%/32%/38%/44% ( /50%/56%/62%/68%/74%/80%) movement
- Level 3: 1.8/3.6/5.4/7.2 ( /9/10.8/12.6/14.4/16.2/18) armor & 29%/38%/47%/56% (/65%/74%/83%/92%/101%/110%) movement
- Level 4: 2.2/4.4/6.6/8.8 ( /11/13.2/15.4/17.6/19.8/22) armor & 32%/44%/56%/68% (/80%/92%/104%/116%/128%/140%) movement
- Treats creep-heroes as heroes.
- Interrupts Bristleback's channeling spells upon cast.
- The quills spread at a speed of 2400 and take 0.29 seconds to reach maximum range.
- The quills do not form a ring. They affect every enemy within the expanding area of effect, so it cannot be avoided by blinking towards Bristleback.
- The effect is centered at the cast location, it does not follow Bristleback.
- Places one debuff on each hit enemy and a stack debuff on each cast on each hit enemy.
- The first debuff shows the number of stack debuffs on the status icon. The stack debuffs are hidden.
- The stacks' durations are independent from each other. Successive casts do not refresh previous stacks' durations.
- With the current cooldown and stack duration, it can be stacked up to 5 times. To reach the cap, additional procs from are required.
- The cap is reached with 19/17/16/15 ( 11/10/10/9) stacks. So to reach it, 14/12/11/10 ( 6/5/5/4) passive casts are required (not considering cooldown reductions).
- Checks how many stacks units have first and deals damage based on that, and then increases the number of stacks. This means the first hit only deals the base damage.
- This is how much damage Quill Spray deals with a certain amount of stacks on each level (before reductions):
- Level 1: 20 / 50 / 80 / 110 / 140 / 170 / 200 / 230 / 260 / 290 / 320 / 350 / 380 / 410 / 440 / 470 / 500 / 530 / 550 ( 20 / 75 / 130 / 185 / 240 / 295 / 350 / 405 / 460 / 515 / 550)
- Level 2: 40 / 72 / 104 / 136 / 168 / 200 / 232 / 264 / 296 / 328 / 360 / 392 / 424 / 456 / 488 / 520 / 550 ( 40 / 97 / 154 / 211 / 268 / 325 / 382 / 439 / 496 / 550)
- Level 3: 60 / 94 / 128 / 162 / 196 / 230 / 264 / 298 / 332 / 366 / 400 / 434 / 468 / 502 / 536 / 550 ( 60 / 119 / 178 / 237 / 296 / 355 / 414 / 473 / 532 / 550)
- Level 4: 80 / 116 / 152 / 188 / 224 / 260 / 296 / 332 / 368 / 404 / 440 / 476 / 512 / 548 / 550 ( 80 / 141 / 202 / 263 / 324 / 385 / 446 / 507 / 550)
- A visual effect and sound play whenever his back receives damage. Taking damage from the sides only plays the visual effect.
- Bristleback takes less damage from all damage types except from damage flagged as HP Removal.
- When taking rear damage, Bristleback's effective health increases by 19%/32%/47%/67%.
- When taking side damage, Bristleback's effective health increases by 9%/14%/19%/25%.
- Checks the damage source's current position and compares it to Bristleback's facing angle on each damage instance.
- This means on e.g. damage over time effects, damage of an instance is only reduced when within the right angle.
- Damage from e.g. , is reduced when facing away from them, since they are their own source.
- Passive after all reductions).
proc when Bristleback's back (not sides) collectively takes 210 damage (
- The damage counter has no time limit. It only resets once a passive spray occurs.
- Any exceeding damage is completely ignored, meaning that if an enemy deals an instance of e.g. 420 damage, the passive triggers only once.
- Does not count damage which has the HP removal or the no-reflection flag.
- Passive quills do not proc when Quill Spray is not learnt.
- Passive Quill Spray procs do not cost mana, have no cooldown and are independent from the active Quill Spray's cooldown.
- Using items does not trigger Warpath.
- Bristleback's size increases and more particles fly around him the more stacks he has.
- Stacks up to 5/7/9 times, meaning it can give at most 90/168/270 ( 240/378/540) attack damage and 15%/28%/45% movement speed.
- Each stack has its own duration, successive spell casts do not refresh the duration of previous stacks.
- Only the first cast's buff is visible in the HUD. This buff has a number on it, showing the current amount of stacks.
- The passive procs from do not trigger Warpath.
|Talentos do herói|
|+30 de dano por acúmulo de||25||15% de roubo de vida mágico|
|+25 de dano acumulado para||20||+20 de regeneração de vida|
|+6 acúmulos de||15||+250 de vida|
|+2 de regeneração de mana||10||+20 de velocidade de movimento|
- O talento de vida aumenta a capacidade máxima e mantém a porcentagem atual.
- O talento de roubo de vida mágico se acumula com outras fontes de roubo de vida mágico.
|Funções:||Carregador Resistente Iniciador Bombardeador|
|Estilo de jogo:||The enforcer at a local pub, Rigwarl's never failed to collect a tab. That is, until he met one tough customer from the north. For the first time in his life, Rigwarl felt the need to train. His thorny back deters attack while peppering foes with constant Quill Sprays. From his nose he blows thick gobs of snot, slowing and covering opponents in Viscous Nasal Goo. With every volley and every sneeze, Rigwarl works himself into a fury, adding rage to each blow as he goes on the Warpath in search of a rematch.|
- In DotA, Bristleback's hero model was a quillboar, having a much more boar-like appearance. His loss of boar-like features in Dota 2 was likely made to distinguish him from the quillboar race in the Warcraft universe.  As well, his hero title shares the name of a large quillboar tribe in World of Warcraft. 
- Beta information revealed that Bristleback's original name was supposedly to be "Bristlebog", probably to avoid conflict with the aforementioned Bristleback tribe in World of Warcraft.
- According to an unused voice response, Bristleback was originally designed with tusks.
- According to Lycan's response (Reproduzir A boar is a wolf's natural prey), Bristleback was originally designed to be boar-like.
- A silhouette of what appears to be can be seen in Bristleback's splash artwork, seemingly still having a beta model/texture.
- Bristleback response: Reproduzir My tusks just got sharper.